MinnFinn Koi Pond Treatment
MinnFinn is effective for:
- Control of Protozoal parasites; eg. Trichodina and Chilodonella in one (1) treatment and Costia (2-3) in two or three treatments.
- Control of Flukes in one (1) to three (3) treatments (Species dependent)
- Control of Ich in three (3) to five (5) treatments (Each case of Ich is unique and must be evaluated during the treatment program for number of doses needed)
- External Bacterial Infections such as Bacterial Gill Disease, Columnaris, Mouth Rot, and Fin Rot in one (1) to three (3) treatments
- Controls Fungus
Availability: In stockOut of stock
MinnFinn treats parasites, bacteria and fungus in the pond.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: <6.0%
- Peracetic Acid: 1.4%
- Other Ingredients: 92.6%
- Total: 100.0%
Benefits of MinnFinn
- Water changes not required after treatment
- Completely eliminated after neutralization
- No harmful environmental impact
- Not cancer causing, unlike products containing formalin and malachite green
- Increases dissolved oxygen
Application of MinnFinn
Make sure the Koi or other fish are away from the direct area of the pond where the treatment is being administered. If you have friendly fish that like to follow you around, try and distract them to keep them away from a high concentration of the MinnFinn treatment.
- One bottle treats 2240 gallons
- Recommended to turn off pump or bypass flow from filter. If water is left flowing, there may be a temporary effect to the filter
- Dilute the required quantity of MinnFinn in a bucket that has been filled 3/4's full with water from the pond to be treated or tap water
- Spread the mixture slowly around the entire edge of the pond to ensure good mixing and reducing the potential of an area of high concentration that fish may pass through
- Let MinnFinn treatment run for one (1) hour
- See required NeuFinn directions for preparation prior to the end of the treatment
NeuFinn is used to neutralize the treatment.
Application of NeuFinn Required
- While the MinnFinn treatment is underway, prepare the NeuFinn neutralizer for application
- In the same bucket used to distribute the MinnFinn treatment, mix the required amount of NeuFinn neutralizer in a 3/4's full bucket with either pond or tap water. Stir to dissolve neutralizer prior to application.
- After the one (1) hour MinnFinn treatment is complete, apply the dissolved NeuFinn treatment around the perimeter of the pond.
- Return the water flow to the pond or the filter.
For every 100 gallons of pond water, treat and neutralize with the following:
- 1.6 fl oz (44.63 mL) of MinnFinn biodegradable pond treatment
- 3 teaspoons (17.25 g) of NeuFinn Neutralizer
For every 2,000 gallons of pond water, treat and neutralize with the following:
- 30.1 fl oz (892 mL) of MinnFinn biodegradable pond treatment
- 1 1/4 cups (345 g) of NeuFinn Neutralizer
MinnFinn and NeuFinn should be stored indoors at room temperature. Do not store in areas with excessive heat or cold.